Saturday, July 6, 2013

How to Dress when Approaching 40

  Ok so this might not be a problem for every woman, however I am finding as I approach 40 I can not pull off the styles that I am drawn to anymore.  I love, love, love, me some boho styles that I seem to continuously pin on Pinterest but when I go to create replicas I find I look like I am in a costume.
  Is there something that happens somewhere between 35 and 39? Or maybe it's just where I am finding myself at this time.  I am almost 40 and am only now approaching a career where I have to present myself in a professional way.  This is what trips me up.  How do you turn a bohemian hippie type style into one that is appropriate without going so over the edge that I end up looking like Professor Sybil Trelawney (Emma Thomson's character in Harry Potter).
   I have Googled, Pinterested, and attacked my own closet but, alas, I have not found an appropriate compromise to blending boho and professional.  If you by chance read this and have some ideas please hit me up:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment