Friday, July 20, 2012

"Make it Work!"

  In general I feel like I walk a couple steps behind the "crowd."  I am a very last minute kind of gal. I do not intend to be.  I actually start off with amazing intentions!  I think about them and even walk through plans in my mind but for some reason I fail to act upon it until the eleventh hour.  So why would today be any different lol.
  You see tomorrow I am going to the wedding of my dear friend's son.  I have known about this since early spring but have always figured I had time to go shopping.  I am sure you can already see where this is going and you would be right.  As of this morning I had nothing, no clothing to wear and no gift to give.  While the kids were trying on clothes I looked over their registry.
    They had many of the necessities for setting up a proper home but what really drew my eye were all of the baking supplies they had on there.  So I picked through their list and bought some items that would be needed to do any baking.  Unto this I added an apron:-)
    Now from my last post you can see that I LOVE color and pattern (just look at the fabric wall:-) However this couple LOVES neutrals.  So I had to "Make it Work."

   Ok so it is not totally neutral but I think it is tame enough for those afraid of too much color.  I used a muslin to tone down the ruffles and waist band and found fabrics in my stash that sported a brown/mocha.
   I am hoping this addition to the baking supplies will make for a lovely gift!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment